a c


Adapt Your TRRS Earphones to TRS Amplifiers


Ships 1-3 days





Do you have a headphone with a TRRS plug, like shown here? 

TRRS cables are used on earphones with integrated microphones. They don't work with TRS jacks, even with a size adapter—they will sound bad or cause problems. All of our amplifiers use TRS jacks.

If you want to use your headphones with a TRRS plug, here's a kit that adapts them to 1/8" or 1/4" TRS jacks.

Includes the Following:

(1) TRRS Splitter (splits 1/8" TRRS plug into two 1/8" TRS plugs, one for your headphone amp, one for your microphone)

(1) 1/8" to 1/4" TRS Size Adapter (adapts a 1/8" TRS plug to a 1/4" TRRS plug)

Note: 1/8" = 3.5mm, 1/4" = 6.35mm

If I have a 1/8" to 1/4" size adapter, isn't that all I need?
No. Please note that nearly every size adapter for sale (on Amazon, etc) have disclaimers that they don't work with TRRS plugs.

Do you really just leave the microphone hanging, connected to nothing? 
Unless you have a mic input on your computer, or on Hel or Fulla, that's right—you don't connect it to anything.

Is there any other way to connect my headphones with a TRRS plug?
Not to TRS jacks. You can, however, check to see if your headphones came with a TRS cable as well—it's fairly common, at least in higher-end headphones, to include both TRS and TRRS with a microphone. If your headphone has detachable cables, and came with more than one, there's a chance it's a TRS plug.