a c

About TRRS

How to Use Headphones With TRRS Plugs


TRRS Cables are used on earphones with integrated microphones. They don’t work with TRS jacks, even with a size adapter—they will sound bad or cause problems.

There are two ways to adapt TRRS to TRS:
  1. Switch to a TRS cable. Many headphones that came with TRRS also provide you with a TRS cable. Use that one instead, together with a size adapter if necessary.
  2. Use A TRRS splitter and a size adapter. Yes, this is not elegant, but it’s the only real way to split the headphone and microphone, and adapt the plug size. See the diagram at the bottom of this page.
Our basic TRRS splitter and size adapter is available here: schiit.com/products/trrs-kit